Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Designer Of The Day - Xander Zhou

I generally to try to feature multiple brands during show seasons because if I do one a day I fall ludicrously behind. Xander Zhou's collection for Fall 14-15 is so fantastic though that I had to do a featured post. He absolutely nails something I've been talking about for years. It is possible to create menswear that reads as formal and sophisticated without cutting yet another tweed suit. He attacks traditional tailoring with razor sharp precision. He leaves enough of the element that you know what it was or what it symbolizes and yet creatively reimagines and recuts it so that it is fresh and bold. I've been waiting for menswear like this in prints and colors for years and I am deeply heartened to see it





No comments:

Post a Comment

I crave your thoughts. You will give them to me...Now!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Design Matters

Total Pageviews