Saturday, February 9, 2013

In aggression for American fashion


So Cathy Horn of the New York Times whined this morning about the sad state of American fashion. Perhaps if she would go to the shows I go to she would have a different opinion, but I doubt it because the New York Times isn't promoting this opinion for any other reason than to sound smugly superior. Yes we have a problem with, "too many labels", but how dare you say we don't have enough talent. Get to different shows embrace young talent. I'm done with this under thought drivel. Cathy Horn has become precisely what angered Eleanor Lambert in the first place way back in 1943 when all the fashion press covered was Paris.

I will put Ralph Rucci, Badgley Mischka, Monique Lhuillier, Reem Acra, Proenza Schouler Narciso Rodriguez against anything Europe has. And when it comes to young talent let's go with Wes Gordon, Sally LaPointe, Karolina Zmarlak, Jen Kao, Cushnie Et Ochs & more. Beat The Blonds for over the top! Or Prabal Gurung for rising gun, how about Alexander Wang for crying out loud! Under recognized stars? A Detacher for innovation, Sophie Theallet for sophistication? How about Douglas Hannant for heart stopping glamour? She's not going to the right shows & frankly I'm sick of the American fashion bashing. Both barrels from now on if anybody puts that type of horseshit in print or on the web. I'm sick of it, done. Farshteyn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I crave your thoughts. You will give them to me...Now!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Design Matters

Total Pageviews