Sunday, February 10, 2013

Clarifying my position on animal skins & fur

It is not my place to tell designers what materials they should or shouldn't work with. It is not my place to tell people what to wear.

It is my place to reject fur and animal skins, other than leather that is coming from cows who already being killed for food, for myself. It is also my place to reject women who consciously enjoy wearing a dead animal who was born, raised inhumanly, and slaughtered, solely so you could feel status from some antique symbol that has no place in modern society. It is even more so my right to really reject a woman who's answer to my charge is that she, "doesn't think about it". That doesn't make it better, it makes you worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I crave your thoughts. You will give them to me...Now!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Design Matters

Total Pageviews